Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Friday 23 December 2011

Tasty Friday: Hot Toddy Porridge

It's really cold isn't it?! Warm yourself up with my hot toddy porridge!


You will need:
Porridge oats
Milk
Honey
Fresh Ginger
An Orange

Step 1:
Put about half a cup of oats, half a cup of milk and half a cup of water per person into a pan on a medium heat. Saying this I always make enough for one extra person!

Step 2:
Add a spoonful of honey per person and a good squeeze of orange. Grate in some fresh ginger to taste, I like quite a lot in mine.

Step 3:
Once the porridge begins to boil, turn down the heat and simmer gently for 5 or 10 minutes until you get a good gooey consistency.

Step 4:
Spoon into bowls, drizzle with honey and pour a moat of milk around the mound of porridge. Enjoy with a cup of tea every morning.

2 comments:

  1. Will definitely be giving this a try, I'm not a huge porridge usually but this looks and sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love porridge but it has to be sweet for me!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.