Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Friday 21 January 2011

Ballet Outfit

Tonight was my Christmas present from Matthew - a night at the ballet! Tchaikovsky's 'Swan Lake'. It was wonderful, although I'm not so sure he enjoyed it so much.

To the point though... my outfit. I've got a dress which I bought for my birthday 3 years ago. Black, gorgeous, but a bit like a sack. I've always had to wear a waist-cinching belt to make it look nice, but still the neckline was too high.

Tonight I decided it was time for a bit of an update!




The dress is made of 3 layers. The bottom two are fitted, the top is like a sack. So I chalked, pinned and sewed the sides to make it more fitted. The top layer gaped at the back with the zip on the middle and bottom layer, so I sewed the top layer either side of the zip. The neckline was tricky and, if I'm honest, a less than perfect job. so to try and hide it I made Indian twisted rag flowers from the bits I cut off the side seams and attached these at the bottom of each strap.

I teamed the dress (originally from TK Maxx by the way, the label says "ICE") with some stripy black tights, my favourite Irregular Choice wedding shoes and a gorgeous real pearl necklace. And I think I looked pretty cool.

4 comments:

  1. Is that the real pearl necklace i gave you for christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Alix, you are so clever! You look stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gee whizz, wish i had real pearls and a man who took me to the ballet

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.