Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Review: Palm & Sole

Those of you who follow me on twitter may know that I recently won a pot of Palm & Sole's intense balm. I'm not usually a skincare fanatic but I have been suffering from a bit of wintry dry skin recently so was pretty darn happy about trying out something new!


When it came to choosing which balm I should get I was torn. After popping into Jarrold's and giving the products a sniff I was settled on the Grounding balm - frankincense, patchouli and ginger. It smells divine. The woman in Jarrolds (Jessica) was fantastic too, really passionate about the products and already I want to try out the massage bar she demonstrated!

The pot arrived last week and I have to say, as a sucker for good packaging, it is beautiful. The balm is packed into a weighty glass jar - simple and classic. The balm itself has the texture of a soft lip-balm and just testing a bit out on your hand you can tell it's a top quality product.

Palm & Sole
Intense Grounding Balm
£13
The lovely Palm & Sole lot were also kind enough to send me a little tester pot of the nurturing balm too. All their products contain only natural ingredients and this one has no essential oils so is perfect for my fussy 5 year old and her eczema. The kid was so happy with hers (she's really fussy about creams and refuses to put almost anything on her skin) and just a tiny amount goes a surprisingly long way. She's had cracked skin behind her ears and redness around her mouth recently so we put some on ("Mmmm it smells nice!" she said) and off she went to bed. I delighted in covering my face in the stuff and drifted to sleep later with the gorgeous smells wafting around my head...

The next morning my skin felt fantastic, not at all greasy like you get after using most night creams. The kid's mouth looked almost completely better and after just two more nights treatment there's no cracked skin behind her ears. I've started putting the balm on any areas which feel dry - ankles, knees, elbows - and the results seem to be instant and lasting. I'll probably use the Grounding balm as a weekly intense moisturiser and it's such an economical product I can see the jar lasting ages!

Palm & Sole products are available exclusively at Jarrold's, on-line or in-store.





1 comment:

  1. Wow. So glad it's worked for Ashleigh, that's great! The Grounding is my favourite. Smells fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.