Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday 9 January 2012

Kirstie Allsopp's Potato Stamped Wardrobe

I originally saw this on one of Kirstie Allsopp's shows, it's a great idea for updating an old wardrobe. I have looked everywhere and can't find reference to it but here is my attempt at re-creating the effect!



Take one (horrid) wardrobe...

and some tester paint pots in two colours.
Paint the inside of the doors in one colour. It doesn't have to be perfect, I quite like the messy style of mine with the brush strokes in it.

Get a potato and, using a biscuit cutter and a knife, make it into a stamp. My daughter is into gingerbread men at the moment and I thought this would look cool.

Either dip the potato stamp into the pain or, the method I found easiest, coat the stamp in paint using the brush. Then just stamp away!

Once dried fill with clothes and replace the handles for lovely pink ones and you're done!

You could use this technique inside draws too and, using slightly more grown up colours and a different stamper shape, you could even have a go at your own furniture.

If you get a chance to try this out please send me pictures!

There's loads of other great ideas in Kirstie's Homemade Home too...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.