Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday 12 January 2012

20 things you didn't know...

Due to issues with the needle/shuttle timing on my sewing machine, Thursday Sewing Club is postponed. In the meantime, here's some things you might not have known about me...


1. I was born Alexandra Charlotte Hunter
I could write my full name by age four with no trouble (I'm not bragging, just saying) and can say it backwards too (Ardnaxela Ettolrahc Retnuh). I changed my surname to Bunn when I got married in November 2010 and had a lot of trouble with my new signature. In the end I opted for AB[squiggle] much to my husband's annoyance.

2. I do not believe in 'blue whales'
Please don't laugh. It's just that I remember seeing that blue whale in the natural history museum and it's so big it seems unreal. I can't imagine something alive being that big. And all those facts about blue whales? They just seem like fairy tales to me. If I see one, in the wild, with my own eyes, then I'll believe.

3. I can not whistle.
My Mum could do an awesome four-fingered wolf whistle. I can't even do your basic Dick Van-Dyke ditty.

4. I do not like custard.
I think it's something about the texture, it just kind of freaks me out.

5. I try to appreciate the little things
Sometimes I go months without shaving my legs. I just find it makes you appreciate smooth legs more. Sometimes I'll wash my hair with shower gel for a month and then, when I go back to shampoo + conditioner, it's so much nicer than before.

6. People who don't speak properly annoy me.
Particular annoyances are don't instead of doesn't (she don't want to go), them instead of those (I really like them biscuits) and Americanisms (holler instead of shout for example).

7. Sometimes I forget that Star Trek hasn't happened yet...
...but it will.

8. I'm a really good cook.
About half the time anyway. Sometimes I take a few too many liberties with established norms and it all goes wrong (Don't even mention custard & jelly surprise to my husband). But in general I make tasty food, and I'm better at vegetarian than meat. Which leads me on to...

9. I was vegetarian for over 10 years.
Then I got drunk at a barbecue and ate an entire bucket of chicken satay.

10. I was once mugged and have a scar on my head from it.
He was sentenced to 4 years in prison. His DNA was put through the system and he was also sent down for 8 years for another offence. Almost 10 years later and I'm still terrified of being out in the dark on my own.

11. I haven't got a driving licence.
A constant source of amusement for my friends is that, whilst learning to drive, I have had two crashes (one write-off) and killed a cat. I have never taken my test.

12. I hitched to Glastonbury when I was 15.
I was with my sister, we got in for £20 each with some dodgy bloke and we camped backstage next to the Select signing tent. I spent the weekend hanging out with the stars - Fun Lovin' Criminals, The Cardigans, Mercury Rev, Travis... lots of people. It was fun, I was cool.

13. I am very sensitive.
I take things personally and spend a lot of time listening to my Dad telling me to 'man up' (in a much nicer way).

14. I have non-strabismic anisometropic amblyopia.
It is not curable.

15. I have bad habits.
I chew my nails (I don't bite them though!) and sometimes I chew my hair too.

16. I really love high heels.
I look like a baby deer when I wear them though.

17. I have had a lot of jobs.
Coffee-shop waitress, restaurant waitress, dinosaur park staff, plant labeller, strawberry picker, clubs (x2), pubs (x7), event staff, telesales, editorial research, advertising sales, shop assistant, shop manager, marketer, copywriter... I'm sure there's some I've forgotten!

18. About half the businesses I have worked for have subsequently gone bust.
I swear it's not my fault!

19. I am a sucker for a deal.
Be it money off, BOGOF or whatever, I am so easy to trick with these things.

20. I'm a bit of a loner.
I don't have a lot of friends, just a few really good ones. I spend most of my time either at work (on my own) or at home with my husband and daughter. Some people see it as a sad existence but I am so much happier than when I was single and partying.


So, there you go. 20 things you probably didn't know about me. Anything you'd like to share?

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to think I know you pretty well... But I didn't know most of that. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went for some of the stranger Ali facts, don't beat yourself up about it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are odd Ali but I love you for it ;0)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.