Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday 23 January 2012

I won't miss you!

Today I took the final step, I deactivated my Facebook account. Of course I downloaded all my photos first, then I deleted said photos from Facebook, then I unfriended all my friends, then I clicked the deactivate button. It felt good.


If you read my previous post about Facebook, you'll know why I wanted rid. I see it taking over everywhere and I don't like it. I'm sure there are people I was friends with on Facebook who I will never speak to again now. I'm not even sad about that. I have found myself drifting further and further away from a lot of people recently. I'm not the same person I was a few years ago. I am no longer a binge-drinking, mini-skirt wearing hooligan. I'm a nearly-30-year-old family woman and would rather spend my evenings trying to make a success of my life than dancing to crap generic music in a skanky bar with £1 shots.

I've been really proud of myself recently. My running is getting better, it's amazing how I can actually feel myself getting fitter. I ran a 5k route on Wednesday in 37 minutes and, despite being ill at the end of the week, managed to shave 2 minutes off that time on Sunday. I think I could have gone faster too, but I got stuck behind some dog walkers for a bit! I'm definitely in line for my resolution of doing 5k in 30minutes by April.

I'm making some progress with other resolutions too.

  • Racing 5k at the end of March
  • Racing 10k in May
  • Curtains are up
  • Moisturiser IS being used
Overall, 2012 is going well so far. I feel motivated and I know I can achieve anything if I put my mind to it. So, keep positive everybody. 

2 comments:

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.