Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Tuesday Review: Lily Lolo Cosmetics

You'll have seen that I decided to go cruelty free with my beauty regimen, I've also decided to go natural. This means no harsh chemicals or synthetic fragrances, only nature's own wonders. With skin-care that seems pretty easy, there's loads of home-made recipes and tonnes of companies selling natural products.

Make-up is a whole different kettle of fish though and I struggled to find anything natural which didn't cost a fortune. I was really excited when @BEskincareful tweeted me to recommend Lily Lolo mineral cosmetics and eagerly browsed their beautiful site for products.

My first surprise was the really reasonable prices. As far as I can tell about half the price of other mineral make-up brands. The great thing is that you can get the foundations in little tester pots if you're not sure about what colour to get so you don't fork out for a full size which makes you look like an Oompa-Loompa.

I've only ever used cream based foundations before but there's a great video on the website which teaches you how to apply Lily Lolo so even I ended up looking pretty flawless on my first attempt. I used the Warm Peach foundation over most of my face and the slightly pinker Candy Cane on my cheeks. I also used the Translucent Silk finishing powder too but still my skin looked really natural. It really doesn't look like make-up,  you just look like you have naturally flawless skin. (OK, so I'm sounding a bit like an infomercial, but it really is good!)

I also got a couple of eyeshadows - Bronze Sparkle and Moonlight - which blend together beautifully and the Bitten PInk lip gloss (which is almost identical to my natural lip colour but gives a lovely subtle sheen!). On top of that I got a super smudgey black eye-liner and they chucked in a blue one for free!

All the make-up has amazing coverage, even the tester pots should last a while. I am a total convert to mineral make-up and the Lily Lolo range is beautifully packaged, beautifully made in the UK, natural and  also cruelty free. I'll definitely be buying more and I really wish they did a mascara too!


3 comments:

  1. Lily Lolo was one of the first brands I reviewed on my blog (oh how I sound like a hipster). I love them! Particularly the blushers.

    I really love the cruelty-free idea, Ali. I've got tons of make-up and beauty products to get rid of but I never knew which brands. I might go for the eco-friendly, natural, cruelty-free route and have a clear out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review I love Lily Lolo lip glosses. Another company which I use and recommend is BM Beauty http://www.bmbeauty.com/ it is also affordable, well I think it is obviously depends on your budget :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jet - you should do it! I feel so much better knowing that I'm cruelty free and my skin looks clearer even from just a short time using only natural products.

    sugarpuffish - Thanks for the link! I'll be buying a mascara for sure and some of those eyeshadows look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.