Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday 9 February 2012

Thursday Sewing Club: Bandana Bibs


I've never been a big fan of the traditional bib so I was really excited when I discovered Skibz. Unfortunately, for me, the price tag is just too high. So today I had a go at making my own bandana style bib.

The first thing I did was to make a paper template. The triangle should be at least 14 inches along the top, but you will need to go much bigger if you want the bib to fit bigger babies and toddlers. I used this template to cut out the backing material - I used an old fleece blanket which had a stain in one corner.

If you're using recycled materials (like I am) you might find it difficult to get a piece of material big enough for the front of the bib (like I did). Here I used a pair of leggings which were pretty worn out at the bum - the previous owner was one of those shuffly babies I presume! I sewed together three pieces of material to make a bit big enough for my template and then sewed the fleece on to that right sides together. I left a gap at the top centre to turn the bib right way out.
The edges were trimmed, the bib turned and corners poked out.
 I overstitched round the edges and added a button & button hole to fasten the bib.

 Et voila! A gorgeous bandana bib.

Leggings - £1
Blanket - £1
Time - 30mins

See more designs on our facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.