Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday 16 February 2012

Sewing Club: Bunting


A while ago my daughter gave me a bag of clothes which she wanted to sell in order to buy some bunting. There wasn't much in the bag that a second-hand shop or eBay could take, certainly not enough for her to afford bunting!

Four tops out of the bag were in great condition aside from a little staining on the arms. It seemed such a waste to throw them away when most of the material was fine. So, I set needle to fabric and began my work!
The first step was to cut all the seams off to get as much fabric as possible. Next, I made a template, cut out 24 triangles and arranged them into pairs.
These were sewn along the long sides, right sides together, seams trimmed and then turned inside-out. Then they were all ironed flat.

 Usually bunting is strung on twill tape or bias binding. I used a little trick I learnt to make my own out of a dress which was also stained. The flags were sewn on, et voila! Gorgeous, home-made, recycled, up-cycled, personal bunting!

4 x T-shirts - £4
1 x Dress - £2
Time - 2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.