Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday 19 October 2011

C25k 2:2

Today, being my only day off during the week, was my turn to take Ashleigh to school. In my great wisdom I decided to wear my running kit to school then do a 2.4 mile route back home. Needless to say I was freezing. Walking at 4 year old pace wearing a t-shirt and capri pants in October is not a good idea. Ashleigh was good though and we skipped for quite a lot of it.



I really didn't enjoy the music on week 2's podcast so decided to go with my own music (Red Snapper again) and try out another Android app. This was a mistake. The app froze after a couple of minutes, then had to start from the beginning, and the notification to change from walking to jogging was just a slight lowering of the music. This meant I spent a good portion of the run checking my phone to see how much time I had left.

Added to this annoyance was that I had to wait at pretty much every road to cross. Where I normally run at 7pm with very little traffic it seems 9am is quite a lot busier.

Aside from these little problems I had quite a good run and did extra running and less walking to make up for all the time left standing at roads. I found my other trainer at last so wasn't in Converse, but my left shoe was rubbing against the back of my ankle, I'll have to watch that.

I think I'll go back to the podcasts and give up on the phone for good. Too bulky and unreliable. I'm really looking forward to my last run of week 2 which should be on Friday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.