Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Norwich Fasion Week

Not one to back down from a challenge, the fashion industry of Norwich (is that an oxymoron?!) have decided that this week, London Fashion Week, is the ideal time for Norwich Fashion week. Righto...

I'm not going to do a review of the launch party I went to (for that see Jess' Feeling Stylish or her guest post onn Retro Chick) because I clearly just didn't get it. If there was something to get.

Instead I thought I'd tell you about the lovely dress I made! Here's a picture Jess took of me in it... I think I look a bit shorter than I really am.




So, my lovely husband chose this gorgeous bright red fabric covered in Matryoshka Dolls. I made a circle skirt out of two semi-circle panels, seamed at the sides. I made a simple three-piece top which buttons at the back and added a halter-neck strap made from remnants. For a little added interest I sewed a gathered panel just above the bust. I couldn't find any shoes that went with it, so wore black and pink spotty courts, cream tights and a black jacket. Oh and of course my lovely deco belt! For jewellery I kept it simple, just a vintage gold elephant on a ridiculously long chain which I found in my mum's jewellery box.

Et voila! I think it's a pretty cool dress. It incorporates loads of SS11 trends - 50s style cut, 70s style pattern, fishtail skirt (you can't see it but it's all in the way I gathered the skirt to the bodice).

I'm going to a dressmaking course as from next week, so hopefully you'll be seeing a bit more from me on the clothes making front!

What are your thoughts on my dress? xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.