Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Style Evolution

A post idea shamelessly copied from a post by Retro Chick but I just couldn't resist!

First Lets see where I started from. How did my parents dress me when I was little??


Ok so that was more for comedy value, but there are some things here which might make my current fashion choices understood. The green/blue taffeta creation on the left is a dress my mum made me for my birthday. I loved it (it's still at my mum's house waiting for the kid to grow into it!). Mum taught me to use the sewing machine from a really young age and a lot of my clothes now are things I have altered myself. The gold skirt, well that was a joke outfit. I don't take the way I look, or fashion itself seriously at all. I really couldn't care less what I look like most of the time. A few other classic outfits - the brilliant jumper (I love woolly jumpers) and the sailor dress, plus some horrendous hair "styles" and me with a lot more weight.

Here it gets a bit tricky - there aren't very many pictures of me hanging about you see. I joined good ol' facecebook in 2006/07 I think, and there aren't that many pictures of me from then anyway.

So on the left we have 2006, short red hair and step-mum's cardi - I think I look nice! No-one else does though. In the middle we have 2006, my favourite ever skirt (which I still have) and my favourite ever jacket (which I do not still have). On the right is 2007 and a lovely Singha beer T shirt my brother got me from Thailand. Far too small and I look silly! But I do love the long hair.


2008 was the year of bright colours for me, red and pink tights, that gorgeous blue coat (which got left in a cloakroom somewhere) and that Vivien of Holloway dress that has never quite fit me.
2009 was odd... the less said the better! I did a lot of fancy dress (Where's Wally? and pirates) wore a lot of mini dresses and mini skirts, and went camping in camos.
Anyone recognise that first outfit? Second picture is my gorgeous maxi dress which is currently awaiting repair, middle is at a sci-fi-geek convention (see, I dresses accordingly!) and the last two are at festivals. 2010 was the year I got a boyfriend and sort of gave up on looking nice. Then he made me throw away all the clothes I'd had for over a year. Hurumph!

Obviously there was one favourite outfit of 2010...

So what does 2011 have in store? Well, I'm going to be making a lot of clothes this year (maybe selling some too) and I think I need to be more fashionable. I'm off to the Norwich Fashion Week opening catwalk show this week for some ideas, but I think I'll try to go with a kind of 50's nautical biker theme. Sounds interestin, eh? Watch this space!

2 comments:

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.