Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday 22 February 2011

A Norwich girl walks into a library...

...and says "I'll have sausage, chips and mushy peas please." The librarian looks very confused and quietly says "This is a library you know?" The girl thinks for a minute before whispering "Oh sorry, I'll have sausage chips and mushy peas please!"

I'm in a bad mood. I didn't sleep well, my phone isn't working, the kid was being grumpy, I came out without any money, it's raining. There's always one thing that cheers me up in this situation though - the library.

For those of you who don't really know Norwich, our library is in an amazing building called The Forum. It's a huge building which is home to the library, BBC East, Pizza Express & Marzano's Coffee, a gift shop and the largest permanent digital gallery with free public access in Europe. It also has the best public toilets in the city, something you need to know when walking round with a three year old.



Living in a tiny flat I get a bit of cabin fever from time to time. With a ceiling more than 15 metres high in the giant atrium I feel tiny here. Annoyingly though I can hear someone playing Rihanna somewhere in the distance.

I don't think the people of Norwich really appreciate the splendour of this building as much as they could. Libraries have an almost magical calming effect on me anyway, and being in this stunning, huge building makes it even better.

Plus, who doesn't still marvel at the idea of just borrowing books? You can read books for free. All the time. What a world we live in.

Visit The Forum Website to find out more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.