Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday 9 January 2011

Chestnut Bread and Butter Pudding

For Christmas I got some jars of chestnut puree from my French relatives, so decided to experiment!

Liberally butter both sides of 6 slices of bread, slightly stale is ideal. Make sandwiches filled with a mixture of chocolate and orange chestnut puree and put them in a buttered dish. Mix together 2 eggs with 275ml milk, 60ml double cream, 50g caster sugar and pour over the the sandwiches. Leave to soak in for about half an hour before baking at 190 celcius for 30 - 40 minutes. Serve hot with a generous helping of vanilla ice cream. Yummy!

(I seem to have lost the photo - sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.