Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday 27 August 2012

Veggie Sausage Stuffing

Roast dinners can be tough when you're cooking for a vegetarian. Often the meat will just be replaced with stuffing, which is yummy, but doesn't really provide the required protein. So, yesterday I came up with a delicious vegetarian sausage stuffing. I used Linda McCartney sausages, but I think it would work well with others. Enjoy!





Ingredients

4 vegetarian sausages
1 onion
1 apple
1 clove garlic
3 slices bread
1 fresh sage leaf
salt and pepper


Method

Put the frozen sausages in a bowl, cover with boiling water and microwave for 2 or 3 minutes. Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave and mash the sausages with a fork.

Whizz the rest of the ingredients in a food processor (or chop really finely) and combine with the sausage. You may need to add a little more water depending on how fresh your bread is. If you're having trouble getting the mixture to bind you could add an egg, unless you're cooking for vegans of course!

Pack the stuffing into a well greased ovenproof dish, or make into balls. The dish will need half an hour in the oven, balls can be chucked in with the potatoes for about 20 minutes.



As a meat eater I can honestly say this stuffing was ace, and my vegetarian husband loved it too. The kid didn't, too much pepper for her! But I can change that for next time.

Leave a comment if you've got any other veggie stuffing tips of ir you try this recipe, I'd love to hear your opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.