Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday 27 September 2012

Domestic Goddess in the Making

Embo Parko runs her own blog Swirlyface and also contributes to lifestyle site SinSins World. She's a domestic goddess in the making and bakes the second best cakes in the world. (OK, they might be the best but I'm Bunn The Baker, I've got to say I'm better!)


I was the least domesticated person I know. Yes, I cleaned and tidied up etc, but when it came to knitting/baking/domesticated things I was not ‘in the know’. I am a single woman of 29, completely independent, I don’t have kids to bake for either, so I basically felt like breaking the stereotype of the typical ‘at home baker’.


I made my first batch of cupcakes only a few months ago and they looked like this:



I didn’t have the right sugar, and I am pretty sure I used Drinking hot chocolate powder instead of baking cocoa powder. I’m not even sure to this day if there is much difference in them.
However, since then I have made 5 batches. Yes, just 5. And now they come out looking like this.

Since only really getting into baking recently, I am very surprised at how easy and simple I have found it. I know I don’t sculpt all the little decorations myself and I don’t make extremely complicated recipes so I don’t mean to offend ‘The Professionals’.

However, for the people that don’t have much time in the day, or just want to make the kids a special treat every now and then, and that are a little apprehensive about getting the cake tins out and the apron on, I would like to reassure you that it is not difficult, and is also very therapeutic and fun. So long as you follow the recipe exactly, and get the right ingredients, you really cant go wrong.


I borrowed a cupcake recipe book from my friend Ali, that is made by The HummingbirdBakery and I set to work. The recipes are easy to follow and whats even better than that is, they taste so yummy, fluffy and light. My tastebuds just couldn’t believe that these creations had indeed been made by my hand. As far as I am concerned, I am now a ‘food genius’.

My friends now request my cupcakes for their kids birthdays, baby showers, 30th birthdays…Anything! Who’d have thought that this would be something I am now considering a career option, the woman who didn’t even know what a piping bag was…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.