Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Friday 5 October 2012

Review: Linicin Head Lice Treatment


Head Lice are always a bit of an embarrassing subject bringing up feelings of disgust in most people. The mere mention of them brings a tickly itch to anyone.

Having a 5 year old means that the little critters are an inevitable part of our lives now. Weekly (if not daily) combing to pry them off my daughter's hair, lotions and shampoos, old wives tales. It's a nightmare. The fact that Ashleigh has sensitive skin doesn't help either, and I'm not really a big fan of using harsh chemicals and pesticides on my child anyway. Luckily, I was recently sent some products from Linicin.

The first was their 15 Minute Lotion (£9.49 including comb) - it contains no insecticides and is kind enough to use from 6 months old (and also on pregnant and breast-feeding mums). It works by coating the hair and suffocating the lice whilst stopping the development of eggs. The lotion itself is an odourless oil which goes on really well. On Ashleigh's hair, which is a little past shoulder length, we used about half the bottle for the first treatment and the rest for the second 9 days later. I think for my very thick and very long hair we'd have needed at least a whole bottle though, so I stuck with the daily conditioning and combing. There are some great little games and activities on the Linicin website to keep Ashleigh occupied whilst she's waiting the required 15 minutes for the lotion to do its stuff. So, the lotion goes on, we wait, we wash and then we comb.

The second product I was sent wasLinicin Prevent Spray (£7.49). I simply spritz it onto Ashleigh's hair (once it's already in a nice, neat plait) and it keeps lice away all day at school. I don't know how, but it does. The bottle has lasted a good few weeks so far and is still half full.

The verdict? So far, so good. There were hardly any lice found in the second combing session and the prevent spray seems to have kept them at bay ever since. We're still doing weekly comb-throughs just to make sure but I'm really happy with both products.

You can buy all the products through the website and if you have kids I really recommend you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.