Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Monday 5 November 2012

Spiced Blood Orange Infusion

As much as I adore mulled wine I have been trying to cut down on my alcohol intake for a while now, so I need a good alternative for the winter.



You will need:
125g Blood Orange Pure Fruit Tea - The best is from Wilkinson's of Norwich.
1 Cinnamon stick broken into small pieces
1tsp Cloves, crushed
1tsp Black peppercorns, crushed
1tsp Cardomom seeds (not the green pods, the bits inside), crushed
¼ Nutmeg, grated




Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, ensuring the spices are evenly distributed. Pack into a dry jar until required. A few weeks will allow the spices to mix an mellow a bit.
Allow ½ dessert spoon of tea per cup. Ideally make it in a teapot and allow to steep for 5 minutes before straining into cups or mugs. If you like a sweeter drink add a little honey or brown sugar and a drop of vanilla essence.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for making me some of this. I can't wait to try it. I love mulled wine but it's not exactly an every day drink.

    Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.