Bunn The Baker has moved!

If you aren't automatically redirected visit
www.bunnthebaker.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday 21 November 2010

Bridesmaids Dresses

Debenhams Bridesmaid Dress - From £25
Getting the look and the colours you want for your wedding is easy peasy - as long as you have money to burn. For my bridesmaids I had a clear image of how I wanted them to look. Four little girls (two aged 4 ish and two aged 8 ish) wearing ivory dresses with a purple empire line bow. There are some gorgeous ones available in 'occasionwear' shops and bridal boutiques, but at around £90 a dress I thought it was a bit much.
In the end I settled for a plain ivory dress from Debenhams (by Tigerlily) for around £25 each and decided to do a bit of work on them myself.




I started by getting 7 metres of purple satin ribbon (25mm wide) which I pinned along the existing emipire line, either side of the corsage, left loose at the back.

Next, I hand sewed the ribbon to the tulle starting at the bottom next to the corsage, working to the side seam, up and back to the corsage. Repeated on the other side and hey presto! A very individual bridesmaid dress, exactly as I had imagined it, for a fraction of the cost in a boutique or through a private dressmaker.

Bridesmaids Dresses with added purple ribbon!


 Bonus of all... managed to find shoes to exactly match the ribbon. Happy days! Pictures of the finished look in a few weeks, after the wedding. xxx
John Lewis purple bow bridesmaids shoes

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOH how exciting. I cant wait to see the finished dresses next sunday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback from my readers so leave a comment! But, be warned, anything rude, spammy or irrelevant will be removed.